Double Barley Peach Shrimp & Cream Grits
- 2 cups Yellow Corn Grits
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 lbs. of Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of Double Barley Fields of Peaches and Cream Ale
- 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup of Grapeseed Oil
- 6 Fresh Peaches; peeled and diced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, small diced
- 2 Tomatillos, small diced
- 2 clove of fresh garlic minced
- 1 Bell Pepper, small diced
- ½ small Yellow Onion, small diced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed, small diced
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Basil, cut into ribbons
- ¼ bunch of Fresh Cilantro Leaves, washed, dried and finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of ½ lime (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. of Honey
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper (as needed)
- Prepare choice of grits according to box instructions. Add in butter, milk, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix, oil, lime juice, zest, honey together and set aside.
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, tomatillos, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño.
- Toss raw shrimp in red pepper flakes, set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan with sides to medium-high heat, add oil, shrimp and season with salt & black pepper. Add Fields of Peaches and Cream Ale
- Cook Shrimp until it is done and turns pink. Remove pan from heat add bowl of peach mixture, oil & lime juice mixture, then add in fresh cilantro and basil.
- Toss in with shrimp and combine all ingredients together.
About Double Barley Peach Shrimp & Cream Grits
American wheat ale made with peaches, lactose, and NC white corn grits. The fresh aroma and taste of peach is finished with a citrusy crisp finish from the addition of three hops. – 5.5% ABV, 20 IBU
This is Double Barley’s summer beer – availability may be scarce. Another similar wheat ale can be subsitituted