Highland Mandarina IPA Turkey Manwich
- 2 lbs. of Turkey Tenderloin
- 12 oz Highland Mandarina IPA
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt
- 1 Orange, sliced
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- ½ medium Red Onion, quartered
- 2 tsp. of Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp. of Black Peppercorns
- 4 each Star Anise
- 6 Pita Bread for handheld sandwiches
Searing Turkey Tenderloins:
- ½ cup of Highland Mandarina IPA
- ½ Fresh Orange Slices
- 1 Fresh Orange Juice
- ½ of a Red Onion, quartered
- 3 Bay Leaves
- In a separate bowl or closed baggie put turkey tenderloin and all brine ingredients together; refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 325°
- Remove turkey tenderloins from brine, pat dry and season mildly with ground cloves, salt and black pepper. Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat, add olive oil.
- Begin searing off orange slices, onions, bay leaves. Next add turkey tenderloin and sear both sides. After you have browned both sides on the tenderloin place all sauté pan ingredients into a baking dish. Add fresh squeezed orange juice and ½ cup of Highland Mandarina IPA and bake in the oven uncovered for 10 mins to finish cooking.
- Remove Turkey from oven and baking dish, set aside and cut into slices for service.
- Serve sandwiches with: Fresh Arugula, Avocado Slices, Fresh Cucumber Slices and Pom Seeds.
About Highland Mandarina IPA
An adventure-loving and aromatic citrus IPA. Brewed with nuanced German Mandarina Bavaria and Hull Melon hops and bold, juicy American oranges, expect intense orange and tropical notes and a crisp, bright finish. This one is a palate-pleaser. ABV: 5%