Wicked Weed Corn Tortilla Chicken Bahn Mi
- 4 Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups of Wicked Weed Coolcumber Golden Ale, divided or as taste preferred
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, julienned
- 3 large carrots, julienned
- 5 red radish, julienned
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Cucumber, thin sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes, divided
- 1 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups of low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Serrano Peppers, thinly sliced (seeds removed, optional)
- ½ bunch of Fresh Cilantro, sprigs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Whisk grapeseed oil, 3 Tbsp. Wicked Weed Coolcumber Golden Ale, vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper. Toss in carrots and radish refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours in a Ziploc bag by whisking fish sauce fresh lime juice, sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and 1 cup of Wicked Weed Coolcumber Golden Ale. Put the chicken in a Ziploc bag with marinade.
- Cut thin long slices of fresh English Cucumbers, season with salt and pepper and cover halfway with ¼ cup Wicked Weed Coolcumber Beer.
- Remove Chicken from marinade and pat day. Heat sauté pan on medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp. of Grapeseed Oil and sauté chicken until almost done. Then add in chicken broth and continue cooking on medium to medium high until chicken broth is reduced down until pan is almost dry but, stir chicken in pan to become coated with reduced chicken broth (for added flavor).
- Drain excess marinade from vegetables, set aside until ready to serve on Tortilla Bahn Mi.
- Heat a separate sauté pan on medium high heat. Next, lightly oil the pan and warm all corn tortillas (in single layers on both sides) until slightly browned. After tortillas are toasted stack by 3 to make one Tortilla Bahn Mi. Fill corn tortillas with marinade cucumbers, Chicken and top with marinated vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh Cilantro and squeeze of lime. Serve immediately.
About Wicked Weed Coolcumber
Inspired by a Hendricks gin basil cooler, Coolcumber is made with cucumber, basil, and juniper berries. Just like making a great cocktail, this beer is dosed carefully with its ingredients to create a one-of-a-kind flavor experience. Golden in color, this ale is wonderfully drinkable. – 5.5% ABV, 20 IBU
This is Wicked Weed’s summer release – if you have any, IT’S TIME TO COOK! If none is available, save this recipe for next summer – it’s WORTH IT!